FIVE PRINCIPLES FOR HEALTH & LONGIVITY : by Dr. VENKATARAO.
1. One day fasting in a week: It is complete abstinence from solid food except water & juices. fasting helps to cleanse our whole digestive system.
2. Two meals a day: Dr Venkat Rao was of the opinion that eating two balanced meals a day is great healthy routine. The Meals must include whole grains, nuts, seasonal fruits and vegetables. Meat, Fish, Eggs and Dairy add too much of toxins to the system and metabolic costs of eating protein from the animal source was much higher, according to him. Last meal should be taken ideally about 3 hours before the sleep.
3. Daily twice prayer: Arrange a 10 minutes silence in the form of meditation or prayer either around sunrise or before going to the bed. This time is important for you to connect with your inner self and charges you with the hope and confidence to go on in challenging parts of your life.
4. Drink 2-3 Ltrs of water daily: One must Drink 10 Glasses of Water a Day. Water is a very good cleanser and detoxifier of the body. It also helps metabolism and maintains body temperature. Water should not be taken during meals, half an hour before and 2 hours after the meal as it dilutes the digestive enzymes and hampers the digestive process.
5. One hour exercise daily: Exercise has a great role in keeping the body fit by active. It improves Circulation and Breathing. It also helps eliminate metabolic wastes and improves healing. It keeps the body away from extra calories keeping you lean and also gives you a stress- free mind. Brisk walk, Yoga and Gardening are good form of exercise options for majority of the people.