Nature cure is a science of healthy living. It teaches us how we should live? What we should eat? And how our routine should be? Naturopathy not only helps in attaining freedom from disease but also helps in acquiring positive health. Its main objective is to change the living habits of the people and to teach them healthy life style.
According to Naturopathy, Human body is comprised of five great elements (Panchamahabhuthas). Imbalance in these in body leads to disease. Treatment of the diseases by these five great elements i.e. Earth, Air, Water, Fire, and space/Ether is known as Nature Cure. Nature is the best healer. Body has a capacity to prevent itself from disease and regain health if fallen sick. Naturopathy treats body as a whole instead of giving elements are used to treat the diseases.
METHODS OF NATURE CURE
b) Mud therapy
c) Manipulative therapy
d) Sun bath & chromo therapy
e) Fasting therapy
f) Magneto therapy
g) Acupressure & Acupuncture
h) Diet therapy
What is nature cure?
Nature cure is a system of man building in harmony with the constructive principles in nature on physical, mental and moral planes of being.
What is disease?
Disease is abnormal or inharmonious vibration of the elements and forces composing human entity on one or more planes of being , inconformity with destructive principles in nature applied to individual life .
What are the causes of disease?
1. Lowered vitality
2. Abnormal composition of blood and lymph
3. Accumulation of waste matter, morbid materials and Poisons
Five great element theory: According to nature cure body is made up of five great elements i.e., earth, air, water, fire and space, so any imbalance in these elements leads to disease.
PRINCIPLES OF NATUROPATHY:
The principles of naturopathy are as under:
1. All diseases, their causes and treatment are one. Except for traumatic and environmental conditions, the cause of all diseases is one i.e. accumulation of morbid matter in the body. The treatment of all diseases is elimination of morbid matter from the body.
2. The primary cause of diseases is accumulation of morbid matter. Bacteria and virus enter and survive in the body only after the accumulation of morbid matter when a favorable atmosphere for their growth is established in body. Hence, the basic cause of diseases is morbid matter and bacteria secondary causes.
3. Acute diseases are self- healing efforts of the body. Hence, they are our friends, not the enemy. Chronic diseases are outcome of wrong treatment and suppression of the acute diseases.
4. Nature is the greatest healer. The human body itself has the healing power of prevent itself from diseases and regain health if unhealthy.
5. In Nature Cure it is not the diseases but the entire body of the patient which is caused and is renewed.
6. Naturopathy Cures patients suffering from chronic ailments are also treated successfully in comparatively less time by Naturopathy.
7. In Nature Cure the Suppressed diseases are brought to surface and are removed permanently.
8. Naturopathy treats all the aspects like physical, mental, social and spiritual at the same time.
9. Naturopathy treats the body as a whole.
10. According to Naturopathy, 'Food is only the Medicine', no external medications are used.
11. Performing prayer according to one's spiritual faith is an important part of treatment (According To Gandhiji 'Rama Nama is the best natural treatment').